Butterfly shrimp is a simple appetizer where a shrimp is cut down the middle, flattened out, and cooked to make it easy to eat. However, the recipe is going to add a couple twists. In this recipe, we’re going to keep the shell on and on top put a mixture or fish roe and mayonnaise and cheese and bake it. It will open your eyes to how many different kinds of recipes exists for one type of food.
The ingredients you will need are regular sized shrimp, a pack of fish roe (preferably orange, but any color will work), mayonnaise, and american processed cheese.
1) The first thing to do is to prepare the shrimp. First, make a butterfly cut on the shrimp. A butterfly cut means simply cutting the shrimp right now the middle, but not all the way, and flattening it out. When most people make butterfly shrimp, they will peel the shell, but in this recipe we will leave it on.
2) Before cooking the shrimp, we will make the sauce that goes on top of the shrimp. The sauce is very simple. Get a couple spoonfuls of the fish roe and mix it with two to three tablespoons of mayonnaise. You are done with the sauce for now.
3) Now it’s time to cook the shrimp. You can cook it in either a conventional mini oven or a stove oven. I prefer using a conventional mini oven over a stove oven because you won’t need that much space and you will also save electricity. Place a row of shrimp on the rack, butterfly side up. Put a bit of the roe and mayonnaise mixture and make sure to spread it around so that every part of the shrimp gets the sauce. Next put a good sized piece of american cheese right on top of the sauce.
4) Put the tray of shrimp into the mini oven and cook it at 350 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Now simply serve the shrimp as appetizers and watch people as they tell you how delicious this shrimp recipe is.
There are many varieties of how to make shrimp; it is up to the person to think of the ways that we can make the shrimp.