Christmas season is nearby, and people are already busy choosing gifts and wrapping them. Many are busy planning festive season weddings and dinners. And, for that, they are busy choosing invitation cards, cards, envelopes, etc., well. Wrapping gifts and sending cards is not new, as it stands to be an old tradition even when everyone relies on digital media the most. But then wrapping gifts and sending invitations should not be tad boring. One way to make these gifts and cards fun is by adding a personalized wax stamp on it. Yes, you may have heard of it. But, those who are new to this have no idea what is sealing wax and how to use it. This read will help them find a way to understand better.
To make wax seals with the help of a wax stamp, you should invest in high-quality sealing wax. These waxes are very much like candle wax, but more strong, shiny, and pigmented. One can easily find these sealing wax in craft stores both online and offline. The thing that makes wax seals good is its strength. These should not break easily after making seals. Also, they should melt easily into a nice liquid form.
One can find these sealing waxes in various types, depending on the way they can be melted. One can choose glue gun versions of the sealing wax. This makes it easy to melt the wax without much mess. Also, one can find wax pellets, which can be melted using a melting spoon. It can be messy but fancy.
Features of Sealing Wax
Some features to look for in sealing waxes are:
- Colorful and highly pigmented
- Sturdy and durable so that it does not break easily.
- Should hold the impression perfectly.
- Smooth in texture.
- It should not be sticky.
Types and Formats
When it comes to sealing waxes, there are two variables that you can find in the stores.
- Traditional wax: these waxes are usually candle waxes and are found in stock form. They can be cut into small pieces and used for making seals. But, they are not that sturdy and thus can break while mailing the card or initiation.
- Flexible wax blend: this blend of wax has both wax and resin in it. Thus making it more durable and sturdy. Also, this wax type has more of a body and shiny finish that holds its shape. It also holds the impression of the stamp perfectly.
Formats of Wax
One can find wax in various forms, like:
- Wax sticks: these are common as they can be easily used in the glue gun.
- Wax pellets: these pellets are small pieces that can be melted using a melting spoon.
- Pre-made seals: also, for those who cannot make seals at home, they can pre-made ones from the store. These have a glue layer in the bottom, which can help in sticking it.