For the young and the carefree, birthdays are joyous moments. For the little ones, it is the most happening day of the year because they are the centre of attention for a whole 24 hours. As we grow older, the day changes into a special occasion when friends and family come together to cut a cake and have some fun. The same celebration year after year can get tedious. The charm of it is soon lost. Shopping, eating, cutting a cake and then going back home – it becomes a ritual that is repeated ad nauseam.
So, how does one bring back the missing charm to birthdays? How does one turn it into a happy celebration again? The answer is unexpectedly easy, and some will say cliched but, without a doubt, it works. A surprise birthday party is the soundest way to make the day festive and enjoyable. In the sections below, we discuss three essential parts of planning a surprise birthday party.
For anyone thinking of throwing a friend a surprise party, the write-up will give a basic idea of how to go about it. Remember there are going to be other details that need to be considered like who to invite and where to host the party? Without further ado, here are the 3 vital factors of organising a surprise party.
- Midnight Cake Delivery: A birthday cake delivered at 12 am sounds normal, but believe when we say that it makes everyone feel exceptional. It is the simplest way to surprise your near and dear ones on their birthday. The 55th birthday of your father or the 20th birthday of your sister or the 32nd birthday of your best friend, it doesn’t matter. Age is no bar when it comes to getting a gooey chocolate cake delivered at home for a surprise. The emotion it evokes cannot be replicated by anything else. If a midnight birthday cake delivery has already been done and dusted, even then deciding on the cake is crucial. No birthday party is complete without the perfect cake. It is the heart and soul of the revelry to which everyone looks forward. The suggestion is to pick the cake with care. It should have a design that suits the personality of the birthday girl or boy, and the quality should be top notch.
- Décor: After the cake has been judiciously planned and ordered online, because that is the easiest method, the next step is to prepare the décor. A surprise party is as good as its decoration. Imagine this; your mother walks in her home on her surprise 50th birthday party. Besides all the guest, food and cake, everything else is the same. It doesn’t bring a very festive air to the day. On the other hand, if the walls are decorated with fairy lights with balloons floating on the ceiling and wondrous flower baskets artistically placed, the same location transforms. The idea is to play with colours and spaces. Order flower online for same day delivery and let the creative juices flow. A unique approach would be to plan a brunch in the backyard and decorate with flower wreaths and bouquets
- Games: When people think of games, they envision a kid’s birthday party. But the pleasure, entertainment, and enjoyment, easy games like hitting the pinata bring are unforgettable. The advice is to replicate that feeling and honestly surprise your friend this birthday. Fill the pinata with as many candies, chocolates, sparkle dust, lollipops, toffees and little titbits as possible. And then watch as the birthday person make new memories that last for a lifetime.
What not to do when planning a surprise party?
A well-planned surprise party is executed not because every little detail was organised to the T. It is accomplished by steering clear of certain things. Next time you throw a party for your dearest friend as a surprise, do not do the following:
- Spend all the money on the gift
- Ignore the guest list till the last minute
- Order the cake from any old bakery
The Last Word
Arranging a surprise birthday party is not a laborious chore. With some planning skill and brainstorming, it can be done in a New York Minute. Order the cake online, decorate the venue with a burst of flowers and add a few games – follow these three cardinal rules and the best party of your life will be ready. The ideas are basic, but they promise to create a gala time with memories that can be cherished forever. You can utilise just one of the suggestions or all three of them to arrange an unsurpassed birthday celebration for your friends or family.