Plate heat exchangers are known as types of heat exchangers that make use of a metal plate especially whilst transferring heat between two types of fluids. It is being used in a wide array of applications including food processing, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems, service heating and cogeneration, offshore gas and oil applications as well as chemical processing.These exchangers are also very popular in various industries such as marine, manufacturing and materials processing.
Besides the facts mentioned above, you will surely be interested to know about the advantages of the product. This is for you to establish its difference with other types offered in the market. Well, there are five main advantages to consider.
Benefits of using plate heat exchangers
Notably, this type of heat exchanger has already made a name for itself in the market. When compared to conventional ones, these are favoured by users basically because heat spreads in a larger surface area since the liquid passes on to the plate. Aside from this recognisable trait, there is much more this tool can offer.
1. Compactness. The most recent versions are small. Because of this, they occupy a minimum amount of floor space. Despite this, overall heat transfer is higher.
2. Flexibility. This is considered another great benefit. Its flexibility means that you can use a variety of fluids plus you are allowed to modify it according to specific conditions most suitable for your business. As a result, it will also be easier for you to choose the design you want for this tool.
3. Controllable temperature. A plate heat exchanger has the capacity to work in accordance with lower temperatures. This means that you do not have to worry about having to deal with high temperatures. In turn, you will never have a problem with overheating as well as stagnant zones.
4. Low maintenance. Some of you do not want to spend much time cleaning your heat exchangers. This can be a daunting task on your part especially if you need the plates for food processing purposes. With this type, you do not have to worry much when cleaning time comes. Simply dismantle its different components then inspect each part before cleaning them. In addition, you can easily remove and replace the plates when needed.
5. Low cost. Investing on plate heat exchangers is made easier for each industry because of its low fabrication cost. These are basically made out of pressed plates that are said to be less costly when compared to welded plates. Pressed plates are also said to be favourable because they are corrosion-resistant.
Plate heat exchangers are indeed deserve to be recognised in the market. With the wide array of benefits it can offer, you will surely consider investing on such items for your business. On top of all the great things mentioned about these heat exchangers, remember that you may even customise them to fit your business’s needs.